The Older People Theme Group is Chaired by Catherine Free who was newly elected in March 2012. The group meets bi-monthly, usually in Hatfield, and aims to improve local services in Hertfordshire.
The groups recent focus and ongoing activity includes:
- The Choose & Book System
- Sleep Deprivation
- End of Life Care
- Transport to Health appointments
- Parking provision for voluntary drivers at local hospitals
- First Contact community agents
The 2012-2013 focus:
- Engagement with Older People's Groups in Hertfordshire – to ensure their voice is heard.
- Dementia – Monitoring the impact of moving dementia services to the County Council.
- Ageing Well Strategy – Ensuring members of the group participate in the Ageing Well programme.
- Older Men’s Health – Promotion of ‘Men’s Sheds’
- Diabetes – Support the implementation of the Diabetes Passport.
Get Involved - Have Your Say
If you are interested in being involved with this Theme Group or would like more information please contact Jane Brown on 01707 275978 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org